Why Choose Renfrew
Choosing the right treatment center for yourself or a loved one can be a daunting task. It is often difficult to tell what differentiates one treatment center from the next.
The Renfrew Center empowers adolescent girls and women to change their lives — and the first step on the road to recovery is making an informed decision about where to begin that journey.
When you choose The Renfrew Center, you can expect:
- Expert, Individualized Care: As the nation’s first residential treatment facility for eating disorders, The Renfrew Center has established its stellar reputation with over 30 years of experience and has treated more than 75,000 patients. Our programs are backed by clinical staff who work with each patient to develop an individually tailored treatment plan.
- Evidence-Based Treatment: The Renfrew Center Unified Treatment Model for Eating Disorders® integrates our relational approach with an evidence-based transdiagnostic model, designed to address the needs of a complex medical and psychiatric population. We believe eating disorders arise from and are perpetuated by internal disconnection from one’s own emotional experience, as well as relational disconnection from others.
- Positive Outcomes: Our patients make progress. We conduct follow-up studies which indicate a significant reduction in the intensity of symptoms for the majority of participants in our residential programs. We know first-hand that recovery is possible and does happen, as it has for many of our patients. Click here to read patient testimonials or click here to view our videoes.
- Warm & Nurturing Environment: We provide a safe, nurturing and healing community in which individuals learn to risk new, healthier behaviors. While none of our 18 locations is completely alike, each of our facilities has a comfortable, non-institutional and peaceful environment.
- Insurance Coverage: Accepting more than 430 insurance plans across the country, The Renfrew Center has contracts with almost every managed care company for all levels of treatment and is a preferred provider for many insurance companies. In addition, Renfrew makes optimal use of the patient’s benefits and routinely petitions out-of-network carriers to extend benefits to their members.